Besides the Screen:
Geographies, Spaces, and Places Outside the Screen
University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC), June 10-12, 2021
As a conclusion to the (slightly delayed) Besides the Screen 10th Anniversary programme of events, the 2021 conference builds upon the network’s previous work examining the continuing transformations of audiovisual practice, to investigate the reconfigurations of screen industries, cultures, spaces and places through examining sites of production, infrastructures of circulation, film festivals, film tourism, and city branding. In short, the way place/space intersects with the multiple sites of production, circulation, promotion and consumption surrounding screen (incl. Film/TV, games, interactive arts) industries and cultures.
The conference will be a hybrid (physical/virtual) event hosted by the School of International Communications at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (CN), in partnership with King’s College, London (UK) and Queen’s University (CA).
The conference is generously sponsored by the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) Conference Hosting Support Scheme.
- Dr. Virginia Crisp, Senior Lecturer in Culture, Media & Creative Industries, King’s College, London (UK)
- Dr. Gabriel Menotti, Assistant Professor in the Film & Media Department, Queen’s University (Canada)
- Dr. Corey Schultz, Associate Professor in the School of International Communications, University of Nottingham Ningbo China
Schedule (face to face) Thursday June 10th 2021 – Presentations will be held in Sir David & Lady Susan Greenaway Building, room no. 121 (also called IAMET), UNNC campus.
Schedule (online) Thursday June 10th – Saturday June 12th 2021 – Presentations are available in advance via YouTube and Panel Discussions will be held via zoom.
- Please register to receive links to join online panel discussions. In person registration is being handled by Corey Schultz.
- All presentations are available online in advance of panel discussions on the Besides the Screen Network’s Youtube Channel. See Schedule for direct links as they become available. All presentations will be available on/before June 4th 2021.
- Please note, presentations will not be screened during panel discussions so please do watch them in advance to get the full benefit of panel discussions.
It is necessary to register seperately for each day of panel discussions. Use the following links to register via Eventbrite. Zoom links to join panel discussions with be sent out automatically to all registered ‘attendees’.
In-person registration is being organised by Corey Schultz.