Our selection for this year’s screening programme includes filmmakers both old and new to the Besides the Screen network. In their short films and video essays, places, objects, and images are revealed as powerful sites of mediation, often informing one another. Our subjectivity slips across them, infusing material reality with memories, and memories with traces of things.
- Salvage (Christopher Boulton, 2020)
- Revision (Mikhail Zheleznikov, 2020)
- Topology of Córrego do Urubu: Projections, Trees and Lampposts (Maurício Chades, 2020)
- A River as a Character (Catherine Gough-Brady, 2019)
- Wildly Oscillating Molecules of Unanticipated Momentum (Andrea Rassel, 2017)
- Simulation (Jeroen Cluckers, 2021)
- Chimes Era #1.2 : the Seat in Judgment (Paul Jacques Yves Guilbert, 2020)